This page will be updated as further guidelines are provided.
Following on from recent updates from the Government surrounding the risk of COVID-19, please find below information relating to the offer and attendance of National Speed Awareness courses across Sussex.
We would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that Sussex Police and Sussex Safer Roads Partnership are committed to implementing best practice that promotes the wellbeing of our customers. Our priority lies with protecting the safety of the public, and have implemented the following guidance with immediate effect.
If you have booked and are due to attend a course:
- As a result of the unprecedented unfolding events and following consultation with partner agencies, it is no longer appropriate nor proportionate for Sussex Safer Roads Partnership to offer classroom based education courses, which brings members of the public together in one place, as an alternative to prosecution for motoring offences.
- This position fully supports the Prime Ministers direction to close schools, nurseries, and other educational establishments and to reduce social contact with others.
- All classroom based courses will be suspended for an initial period of 12 weeks, from 9am on Friday 20th March 2020.
- This is the right thing to do to help protect individual’s health and reduce the risks associated with a wider spread of the virus.
- We will now continue to work work with Sussex Police and course providers to establish options to deal with drivers who have already been offered a course and advise you to contact your course provider for further details on how this will be achieved.
- Sussex Police and Sussex Safer Roads Partnership will continue to monitor Government guidelines, with a view to adjust our advice as soon as we are able to do so.
Please note, during this particularly busy time, we recommend contacting email@example.com who will be able to provide assistance.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to update you as quickly as possible during this rapidly changing environment.